The SpaceCom Entrepreneur Summit (SES) has become an influential force in the global space community. In the past five years, over 150 companies have participated in SES events that has become the largest space entrepreneurship competition in the world. Many of the SES graduates have gone on to great success.
At the heart of SES is the Entrepreneur Challenge, where new space companies from around the world will compete for prizes based on the quality of their business plan and funding pitches.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus crisis, this year SES will be presented virtually. This virtual format will increase access to the Challenge and program for entrepreneurs from around the world.
This virtual format allows for a significant increase in the programming available to participants. In fact, this year SES offers over 14 hours of programs, workshops, and mentoring to help participants build skills and confidence that will boost their potential for success and fundraising.
Starting in July, entrepreneurs will participate in the following:
- SES Entrepreneur Challenge Participation
- SES Live: Three 60-minute online programs between July and September, free and open to all
- SES Kick-off: One 60-minute online program on September 29, paid SES registrants only
- SES Online Skill Building Workshop Week — November 2-5. Four 90-minute sessions, paid SES registrants only
- SES Mentor Week — November 12-19. At least one assigned 2-hour session with a mentor, paid SES registrants only
- Grand Finale and Award Ceremony, November 19, paid SES registrants only
The Value of Participating in the SES Program
Value to Startup Competitors
- Participate in SES Entrepreneur Challenge and Win prizes!
- Hear from other SES graduates regarding their success
- Meet potential funding sources
- Access to SES Live’s four online programs
- Participation in the SES Online Skill Building Workshop Week – 4-day program
- Personal networking with a mentor during SES Mentor Week
- Posting on SES website of 1-minute virtual elevator pitch prepared as part of registration
- Posting on SES website of 1-minute virtual elevator pitch prepared as a result of the program
- Finalists will have a 5-minute virtual pitch posted on the SES website
- Inclusion of your company in the SpaceCom Marketplace, a robust database of companies in the commercial space sector accessed by thousands of SpaceCom registrants
- Certificate of course completion
- Media coverage via press releases, newsletter stories, invited media, and international media
- Exposure through partnership with GEN Space, an international entrepreneur network covering 170 countries
Registration fee: $295 per company.
Value to Observers
- Access to all online programming, including workshop and featured presentations
- Access to live virtual startup pitches
- Access to all SES participants
Depending on interest and need, additional opportunities may include:
- Opportunity to be a presenter on the Online Skill Building Workshop
- Opportunity to provide one-on-one mentoring of startups
- Opportunity to be a Challenge judge
Registration fee: $450 per individual.
Contestant Application Coming Soon
Registration Coming Soon
Images from SES 2019