The New Era of Commerce Begins at SpaceCom.
The Energy Industry is Getting Smarter.
At SpaceCom, you can learn how to fuel business innovations for the energy industry by learning, networking, and innovating with your peers and other industry executives to see how technology derived from space is used for everyday products and services on Earth.
- Discover low cost, high-impact services and technologies your company can use today to increase efficiencies and profits.
- Learn about market-ready technologies and how can you apply them for your business and who to connect with to make it a reality.
- Asset security across the grid, power plants and refineries
- Digital oil field and power plant management
- Discovery and measurement of resources and reserves
- Technologies to mitigate deep ocean blow-outs
- Deep ocean robotics operations
New! Smart Energy Conference
On November 28, 2018, the Smart Energy Conference—which is co-locating with SpaceCom—will feature a full day of workshops examining key areas of concern and interest for the Oil & Gas sector of the Energy Industry. Participants will hear from leading experts in their fields and then have an opportunity to discuss amongst themselves the implications for their companies and the industry. Some of these areas of interest include resiliency, cyber security and threat monitoring, renewables, distributed energy technology, risk assessments, and more.
Read details of the conference on the Smart Conference information page.
In addition, register for the full SpaceCom Conference and take advantage of additional expert-led sessions, meet with knowledgeable suppliers, and engage with others in the NASA Center Theater presentations, the SpaceCom Entrepreneur pavilion, and networking events and programs.
Visionary speakers include:
- James Franks, Director, D&C Continuous Improvement, Pioneer Natural Resources
- Jose Gutierrez, Director, Technology and Innovation, Deep Water
- Jorge Hernandez, President, Bastion
- Errol Olivier, Strategic Advisor to RigNet
- Keith Johnson, Chief Operating Officer, SpeedCast
- Trey Mebane, Deependable Subsea LLC
- Henk Mooiweer, Innovation Consultant, Innovenate LLC
- Carl Waltz, Director of Business Development, Oceaneering
[button id=”” button_text=”REGISTER TODAY” button_link=”https://registration.experientevent.com/ShowSCO181″ link_open=”_self” button_icon=”” button_align=”” button_size=”medium” button_style=”default” margin_top=”0 ” href_title=””]
The space and oil and gas industries have many parallel technical challenges that over the years have resulted in cross-cutting breakthroughs. Operating in harsh environments, where power and communications are a severe challenge and maintaining a safe environment for human activity is crucial. Crossover technologies already benefit deep water drilling, undersea production and pipeline operations. Further, the energy industry has experienced increased efficiencies and profits through lifecycle management software developed by NASA.
At SpaceCom you'll connect to professionals in companies at the forefront of these capabilities and learn how many different applications exist that may be used by your company to improve profits, create new product lines, and gain market share.
Applications in Action
- Remote Sensing for Communications: NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) developed remote sensing devices to enable electronic communication over millions of miles in outer space. These devices are being adapted by oil companies for deep water energy exploration here on Earth. These sensors are transmitting data from thousands of feet below the seafloor in real time.
- Temperature Resistant Electronics: JPL advances in high-temperature electronics allow for electronics and software to survive in extreme conditions. This has led to a new generation of sensors for high-temperature wells to continue operations in extremely harsh environments.
- “Thinking Drill Bits”: Apache, the third-largest U.S. independent oil and natural gas producer by market value, is writing software that will essentially allow drill bits to think for themselves and communicate directly with equipment at the surface that controls speed and direction.
- Powering the World: Space Technology and the Energy Industry
- Underwater Adhesives Retrofit Pipelines with Advanced Sensors
- 3D Lasers Increase Efficiency, Safety of Moving Machines
- Gas Conversion Systems Reclaim Fuel for Industry
- Procedure-Authoring Tool Improves Safety on Oil Rigs
- Innovative Stemless Valve Eliminates Emissions
- Temperature Sensing for Oil, Gas, and Structural Analysis
Increase Your Competitive Edge
If your company is interested in technology cross-fertilization, SpaceCom is for you! Enhance your capabilities and discover a new group of collaborators for building your business.