THE NEW ERA OF SPACE COMMERCE BEGINS AT SPACECOM.
SpaceCom is all about the Business of Space.
Thank you for coming to SpaceCom to fuel business innovations for the agribusiness industry by learning, networking and innovating with your peers and other industry executives.
- Farm management systems
- Satellite driven IOT apps for the phone
- Precision farming
- Weather forecast integration
- Robotic and AI application on the farm
Visionary speakers included:
- David Gebhardt, Ph.D, Vice President Strategy, GEOSYS (a Land-o-Lakes company)
- Steven Ward, Director of Geospatial Sciences, The Climate Corporation (a Monsanto company)
- Kent Schescke, Executive Vice President, Council for Agricultural Science and Technology
- Anna Moren, Product Director, Cropio
Agribusiness has been reliant on satellite imaging and GPS data for decades, but the revolution taking place in space capabilities and data analytics is posing new opportunities for innovative agribusiness to gain competitive advantage. Water usage and control, crop infestation and predication, yield data and detailed weather forecasting are some of the metrics that are improving in their efficacy.
SpaceCom brought together space and agribusiness executives to tackle common problems and define workable solutions for mutual gain. It offered a distinct forum for exploring how innovation, big data and partnerships can increase automation and technology for improved efficiency.
APPLICATIONS IN ACTION
- Smart Farming: Climate Corporation aims to build a digitized world where every farmer is able to optimize and flawlessly execute every decision on the farm. Their platform combines hyper-local weather monitoring, agronomic modeling, and high-resolution weather simulations to help farmers improve profitability by making better informed operating and financing decisions.
- Water Conservation: Monsanto is leading the charge in developing techniques for farmers to use less water and still achieve the crop yields necessary. Further, Monsanto is trying to mitigate the viability in food security across nations and do these things with a view to minimizing the climate change footprint.
INCREASE YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE
If your company is looking to increase yield and lower operational costs, SpaceCom was for you! Enhance your capabilities and discover a new group of collaborators for building your business.