Chairman Emeritus; Shareholder; Co-Chair, Sports Business & Public Venues Industry Group
Real Estate Development & Investments; Corporate, Securities/M&A; Sports Business & Public Venues Industry; Real Estate Industry; University Industry; Healthcare Industry; Healthcare Facilities Real Estate; Real Estate Finance, Default Resolution & Servicing
Chairman Emeritus Denis Clive Braham is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Development & Investments and Corporate, Securities/Mergers & Acquisitions practices, and he chairs Winstead’s Sports Business & Public Venues Practice Group.
Board Certified in commercial and residential real estate law, Denis has a broad-based real estate practice which regularly involves representation of all segments of the real estate industry in Texas and multistate transactions.
Denis has lectured on a wide variety of real estate topics.
- Representation of significant real estate developers, lending institutions, landlords, and tenants in significant lease transactions and large commercial, industrial, and residential transactions
- Acquisition, financing, construction, development, leasing, syndication, sale/leaseback, management, and operations of public and private buildings, unimproved land, hospital projects, hotels, apartments, office buildings, recreational developments, shopping centers, malls, warehouses, industrial developments, and multi-unit projects
- Clients include: Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, The Methodist Hospital System, DH Investment Company, Lakewood Church, Rice University
Professional & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau (General Counsel)
- Jewish Federation of Greater Houston (Chair, Board of Trustees)
- Secretary and General Counsel of Houston YET Center, Inc. (Board Member)
- University of Houston Law Foundation (Advisory Board Member)
- Texas Bowl Foundation (Executive Committee Member)
- Houston Super Bowl LI Host Committee (Board Member and Lead Counsel)
- Houston Super Bowl XXXVIII Host Committee (Executive Committee Member and Lead Counsel)
- North Texas Super Bowl Host Committee (Lead Counsel)
- Greater Houston Partnership (Board Member)
- University of Texas Health Science Center Development Board
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston Advisory Council
- Guest Lecturer, Columbia School of Law
Awards & Recognition
- Nationally ranked by Chambers USA in Sports Law
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law and Residential Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- He has been honored with multiple listings in Best Lawyers in America, Texas Super Lawyers and Houston’s Top Lawyers.
- Named a 2007 Leading Dealmaker by Lawdragon 500
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2010-2012
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward/White, Inc., 2011-2015
Admitted to Practice